Packaging Fun Stats:
- 100% FSC: All Juice Beauty product boxes are made with FSC paper.
- 48% recycled content + 52% from certified sustainable sources (FSC, SFI, ATFS) is the content for all Juice Beauty shipping boxes.
- 2.6 million or 37% approximate square inch reduction in product kit paper for just the first year of 2020 sustainable kit initiative.
- 90% BioResin sample & travel tube conversion for the year 2020. Bioresin/sugarcane plastic is sourced from environmentally responsible farms and does not utilize petroleum ingredients resulting in a dramatically lower carbon foot print tied to production.
- 32% Glass: % of full size Juice Beauty product packaging utilizing sustainable glass.
- Recycled Plastic/PCR: In 2019, we started to convert our Best Sellers to PCR/recycled plastic thus utilizing plastic waste to remake our plastic components. Our goal is to double this percentage within one year.
- Juice Beauty currently utilizes recycled plastic from the U.S. (not shipped in from other countries).
*(stats estimated by Duke University Math Students)
Juice Beauty’s sustainable headquarters is located in beautiful Marin County, California. The building, originally a grocery store, had been in several hands when we leased the building and founder Karen immediately went to work followed the ”reduce, reuse, recycle” sustainable approach for the building. The HQ contains the following sustainable materials:
Fun Stat: 100% of the farmhouse and 75% of the Farm is powered by solar and very soon, the entire farm operations will be solar powered.
We’re proud to feature our EcoPartners that help make the house true to Juice Beauty’s values. Juice Beauty’s partners in the Eco- Farmhouse include:
Clare Paints: zero VOC, Greengaurd gold Certified paint.
Coyuchi: organic comforters, blankets, sheets, bathrobes, towels, rugs, dishtowels.
Equator: organic & fair trade coffees & teas.
Futon Shop: organic cushions and Amish made no stain wooden frames.
Medley Home: Couch made from organic cotton, plant dyes and no toxic sprays.
Naturepedic: organic mattresses.
Restoration Hardware: reclaimed wooden furniture.
Viva Terra: Recycled glass and dinnerware.