Packaging Fun Stats:
- Ocean & Land Waste Recycled Plastic Bottles (PCR): We are converting all products, one by one, to recycled plastic to achieve our goal of greatly reducing the use of virgin plastic. Products in our Stem Cellular and Blemish Clearing Line have been converted. Learn more
- 100% FSC: All Juice Beauty product boxes are made with FSC paper.
- 90% BioResin sample & travel tubes: Bioresin/sugarcane plastic is sourced from environmentally responsible farms and does not utilize petroleum ingredients resulting in a dramatically lower carbon footprint tied to production.
- 48% recycled content + 52% certified sustainable source (FSC) content: for all Juice Beauty shipping boxes.
- 2.6 million or 37%* approximate square inch reduction: in product kit paper for just the first year of our 2020 sustainable kit initiative.
- 32% Glass: % of full-size Juice Beauty product packaging utilizing sustainable glass.
*(stats estimated by Duke University Math Students)
Solar Powered SUSTAINABLE FARMHOUSE on the Juice Beauty Organic Farm in Sonoma County, California:
The California country-modern farmhouse located on Juice Beauty’s Organic farm was outfitted in a completely sustainable manner, abiding by Juice Beauty’s Eco-Values, and using organic and sustainable materials from top-to-bottom. The house update used only the most sustainable and healthy products including blue jean insulation, all new sustainably made tile flooring, patio cement consists of 20% recycled cement (the highest content allowed); and all materials, such as doors that were removed, were reused and repurposed.
Fun Stat: 100% of the farmhouse and 75% of the Organic Farm is powered by solar and very soon, the entire farm operation will be solar powered.
- Clare Paints: zero VOC, Greengaurd gold Certified paint.
- Coyuchi: organic comforters, blankets, sheets, bathrobes, towels, rugs, dishtowels.
- Equator: organic & fair trade coffees & teas.
- Futon Shop: organic cushions and Amish made ‘no stai’n wooden frames.
- Medley Home: Couch made from organic cotton, plant dyes and no toxic sprays.
- Naturepedic: organic mattresses.
- Restoration Hardware: reclaimed wooden furniture.
- Viva Terra: Recycled glass and dinnerware.
Solar Powered SUSTAINABLE DISTRIBUTION & CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, Located in Sonoma County, California. Founder Karen immediately went to work followed the ”reduce, reuse, recycle” sustainable approach for the building. The HQ contains the following sustainable materials:
- Zero VOC paints and stains for the walls and floor.
- All desks & furniture is either reused or constructed of recycled lumber from an old mill OR reused desks from another company.
- The chairs were purchased from a neighbor company that was closing and re-covered in recycled leather.
- The wall insulation was made from recycled blue jeans.
- Some of the highest oxygen producing and carbon dioxide eliminating plants were placed around the office for the health of the employees and the environment.