At Juice Beauty EVERYDAY is EARTH DAY. We take sustainability seriously. It’s one of our 5 Eco-values and today Juice Beauty is proud to announce huge milestones towards complete sustainability.
Juice Beauty, as the OG “Original Green” of Clean Beauty, has been cleaning up the Beauty Space since 2005. We take our commitment to protecting the environment seriously, which is why we are continuing to climb the ladder of sustainability to transition all skincare products to sustainable packaging.
Sustainable Packaging Focus
To help save the planet, at Juice Beauty we are focusing on the elimination of virgin plastic and thus have been busy designing and converting all plastic bottles, to recycled Ocean & Land Waste Plastic or bioresin. We already have almost 40% of our packaging in sustainable glass.
Recent studies show that the majority, up to 95%, of plastic packaging, is only used once¹ and at least 8 million tons of plastics leak into the ocean each year – which is equivalent to dumping the contents of one garbage truck into the ocean per minute.² By 2050 experts estimate there will be more plastic than fish by weight in the oceans.¹
By using recycled/post-consumer ocean & land plastic and other more sustainable materials instead of petroleum-based virgin plastic we are taking more steps in reducing waste in our environment. And with our recent conversion to solar powered headquarters and distribution center, we are leading the way in cleaning up the beauty industry.
Juice Beauty’s Sustainable Packaging Commitment—these new packages will start rolling out this year!
- 100% FSC: All Juice Beauty product boxes are made with FSC paper.
- Ocean & Land Waste Recycled Plastic Bottles (PCR): We are converting all virgin plastic to recycled plastic bottles.
- 100% of BLEMISH CLEARING Collection has been converted to sustainable packaging of Recycled plastic/PCR, BioResin, and Glass bottles.
- 100% of PREBIOTIX Collection is sustainable with packaging of Recycled plastic/PCR, BioResin, and Glass bottles.
- 94% of GREEN APPLE Collection has been converted to sustainable packaging of Recycled plastic/PCR, BioResin, and Glass bottles.
- 88% of STEM CELLULAR Collection has been converted to sustainable packaging of Recycled plastic/PCR and BioResin bottles.
- 80% of DAILY ESSENTIALS Collection has been converted to sustainable packaging of Recycled plastic/PCR and BioResin bottles.
- 90% BioResin sample & travel tubes: Bioresin/sugarcane plastic is sourced from environmentally responsible farms and does not utilize petroleum ingredients resulting in a dramatically lower carbon production footprint.
- 48% recycled content + 52% certified sustainable (FSC) content: for all Juice Beauty shipping boxes that go out of our Solar Powered Distribution Center.
- 6 million or 37%*approximate square inch reduction in product kit paper for just the first year of our sustainable paper reduction initiative.
- 40% Glass:% of full-size Juice Beauty product packaging utilizing sustainable glass.
What is Your Sustainability Commitment?
As consumers, we have the power each time you make a purchase. Our choices of what we purchase are our ‘votes’ for the products and companies that we’d like to see thrive in this world.
So, whether you are shopping online for a new favorite snack or new sweater or your next moisturizer…. We recommend that you take some extra time to look ‘beyond the product’—at the ingredients, the packaging and the company values—and decide whether you’d like to make ‘sustainability’ one of your ‘purchasing values.
At Juice Beauty, we hope that you’ll cast your vote for us and help make the world a more sustainable place.
¹ World Economic Forum “The New Plastics Economy” (January 2016)
² Jambeck JR, Geyer R, Wilcox C, Siegler TR, Perryman M, Andrady A, Narayan R and Law KL (2015) Plastic waste inputs from land into the ocean. Science. 347: 768-771. doi: 10.1126/ science.1260352